Sono state annunciate le versioni in cui verrà commercializzato il prossimo sistema operativo di casa Microsoft
Windows® 7 Starter, Windows® 7 Home Basic (in Emerging Markets only), Windows® 7 Home Premium, Windows® 7 Professional, Windows® 7 Enterprise and Windows® 7 Ultimate.
Windows 7 Starter
- Broad app and device compatibility with up to 3 concurrent applications
- Safe, reliable, and supported
- Ability to join a Home Group
- Improved taskbar and JumpLists
Windows 7 Home Basic (emerging market only)
- Live Thumbnail Previews & enhanced visual experience
- Advanced networking support (ad-hoc wireless networks and internet connection sharing)
- Mobility Center
Windows 7 Home Premium
- Aero Glass & advanced windows navigation
- Easy networking & sharing across all your PCs & devices
- Improved media format support, enhancements to Windows Media Center and media streaming, including Play To
- Multi-touch and improved handwriting recognition
Windows 7 Professional
- Ability to join a managed network with Domain Join
- Protect data with advanced network backup and Encrypting File System
- Print to the right printer at home or work with Location Aware Printing
Windows 7 Enterprise and Ultimate
- BitLocker data protection on internal and external drives
- DirectAccess provides seamless connectivity to your corporate network. (requires Windows Server 2008 R2)
- Decrease time branch office workers wait to open file across the network with BranchCache. (requires Windows Server 2008 R2)
- Prevent unauthorized software from running with AppLocker
- Ultimate includes all Enterprise and all Home Premium features, including multi-language packs.
- Windows 7 Enterprise is available only through Microsoft Volume Licensing
Ognuna delle versioni, comprende tutte le features della versione precedente; in caso di aggiornamento, quindi, si guadagneranno solo opzioni senza perderne nessuna.
Ancora però non si sanno data di rilascio previsto e prezzi al dettaglio.
Technorati Tag: Windows 7